Monday, November 22, 2010

Creating Magic Monday with Black Leaf Studios

Let's get Scrap Happy!

I am big on keeping and TRYING to use up scraps... but tend to end up with a pile of scraps on my work table...

Are you one of those people?

Good Morning Black Leaf Studio Followers, Rachel here, to show you a cute embellishment you can make with all those scraps you have taking up space on your table.

I have a hard time throwing ANY cute paper away... no matter the size, so when I saw these fabulous flowers on someone's blog {Julie Campbell}, I just knew how I was going to get rid of {get creative} with all those little scraps!

Here is a little flower you can make with your LITTLE scraps.
I like to try to use a 2 inch piece of paper, as it is still big enough for me to get a hold of. I am sure you could use bigger or smaller, but this size is perfect for me!I had some left over paper from this digi paper pack: {Tinsel Town}So I started by cutting down the paper on one side to 2 inches. Next I cut 1/4 inch strips.
To make the embellishment, you will need about 4 strips of each pattern:Then i started to layer my strips together. I use my more solid paper (this was paper I had stamped on but had the image smudge, so I used it as scrap) for the bottom layer, forming an X twice with the 4 strips. I just put a drop of glue between each layer to hold together:
Next, I layer my pattern paper in the same way on top of the solid papers:
Lastly, I add the button to complete the flower. I had some die cut buttons lying on my desk, so figured I'm already scrapping it up, might as well use those scrap paper buttons!

I added twill string to the button and then glossy accents to make the button shiny before adding it to the flower.The only other thing to do is add your fabulous embellishment to your project. I made a quick little gift tag for a present I have ready to go out in a day or so. The stripped paper is from last months Freebie Friday Christmas Papers here on Black Leaf Studio Designs, the border punch is Martha Stewart, and the sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co.

Hope you are able to get scrappy with all those scraps you have lying around!

{If you make one of these fabulous scrap paper flowers, I would love to see them. Leave me a link in the comments section so I can leave you some love on your creations!}

2 comments:

  1. That is surely helpful to use up my scraps.... Thanks 4 sharing... :)

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this flower is cute-thanks for sharing the instuctions, rachel:)

    ReplyDelete