Thursday, November 11, 2010

Time again for Tutorial Thursday

 

Hey all, Fink here!  I hope I do this okay because I have never done one like this before! 

I am going to show you how to do a Hinge card (I hope)!  First you will need to have your pieces cut. 

Sizes:  Base- A2 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (beige),   #2  4 1/4 (red and green piece) #3  Accent piece 1 1/4 x 4 1/4,  #4  4 1/4x 3 (green paper), #5  2 3/4 x 2 1/2 (or whatever size you need it for your image), #6  2 1/2 x 2 1/4 (background for image)

step 1

You will want your base piece to be a light one since you will want to put the sentiment on it. 

Next step is to take #2 & 3 piece and cut edging out.  You can leave the edge straight and just do edge of 3.  It is really up to you.  I did both for more effect.

Next step is to adhere piece 3 to 2. 

step 2

step 3

Next you will want to line up your bottom pieces and piece 4 with your base.

step 4 and hole

Once you have it lined up, you will have to make the hole through your layers (see example, the white spot is the hole) put the brad you have in to put hinge together!  The green layer is the hinge part.

Next you will want to open your card to put adhesive on piece 2 to attach it to bottom (back of my paper is the red shown)

step 4

Then flip back over and adhere to base

Next you will want to do your image and it’s base layer.  You will attach this to piece #4.  Adhere only top half of the focal image to hinge top!!!  This is important!   Your image will be on the hinge but will close over your base. 

step 5

step 6

The above card is my finished project with the hinge closed and the next picture is it open! 

I don’t know if you can see it but I did glitter pen on the stars and antlers plus made the reindeer’s nose red with glitter pen over it.  I added the embellies like you see for my final project!  The edges are also all inked with coffee color to add a vintage look! 

Hope you enjoy my project!  Make sure you check out the store for this image and more

No comments:

Post a Comment