Thursday, December 16, 2010

It is Thursday so tutorial time!

Hey everyone it is Fink here!  I hope this month is not to stressful for all of you!  I know it sure has been crazy for me!  Eek!  Anyway, to why you are here.  I am this week’s tutorial!!!!  I decided to show you a great gift for the holidays!  I still do teacher’s gifts for the Middle School teachers from Antonia.  Each year I do a hot cocoa packet.  I used to rack my brain trying to come up with the perfect gift but now I do cocoa!!  I figure if they won’t drink it someone in the family might!  LOL

Step 1

step 1 score

You need to pick a packet holder color, which I chose blue.  You need to cut it to 7 1/2 by 11 then score at 5 and 10.  This will give you the middle fold and your edge. 

Step 2

step 2 paper

Now this year I decided to try something new by using a background paper!  Of course you have to have an image ready and I am using the Black leaf Reindeer.  Another thing you can do instead of the paper is to find a stamp you would like to use as a background stamp.  Take the stamp and use Versamark or a pigment ink then chose the color embossing powder and emboss!  It looks totally cute too!  This is the first time I tried background paper and it worked well too!  This paper was cut down to 4 6/8 x 7 1/8 (of course adjust as you want) to give an edge of color.

Step 3

step 3 with cocoa

Here is the packet decorated and ready to be filled.  Next to it is 4 packets of flavored cocoa.  My image paper size is 3 x 2 3/4 the red paper is 3 1/4 x 3.  The edges decorated.  I also stamped the sentiments Warmest Holiday Wishes and embossed it in Ancient Gold!  I added the snowflakes and gems that you will see in the final picture!

Step 4

top inside

To hold the cocoa you will need to punch a circle in the top then use ribbon to hold it in as shown in the picture!  You tie your bow at the top and use it as the guide of where the cocoa packets hang.  Does this make sense? 

Step 5

final cocoa packet holder

As you can see I have my bow tied at top so that it holds in the packets.  I put a glitter snowflake then gem in center, a glitter snowflake on sentiment corner, plus tiny gems in the center of the stars plus as reindeer nose and I glitter the antlers.  Designer tip:  Use clear dots or Zots for closing packet edge.  You will be folding the edge in so put the dots on the top side.  These seem to be the best for holding it shut! 

Hope you like it and trust me it is easy and you can adjust to fit your needs!

2 comments: